10.16.2009


WARNING: This book, and the subsequent books in this series exist in a modern world not only occupied by "God" but by "gods" as well. If you may find this offensive, then you should skip this series.

That being said I loved this book. I was skeptical to start a series of children's books but my friend Brad gave this one the Butler seal of approval so I figured I'd drink the Kool-Aid. I was pleasantly surprised. I have always nerded out on Mythology, with the full understanding that it was just that, Mythology. I spent a few years as secretary of the Latin Club in high school, which essentially requires some mythological studies. So as I dived into the first few chapters, I was hooked. I am ready to get on to the next book, but I have some other reading to do, but if I'm honest I'll probably put that off and keep going on these. They really are compelling, it is good writing, good conflict, likable characters, people you hate, and superpowers. I need no more. It won't increase the surface area of your gray matter, but it will make you enjoy reading. That's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment