12.17.2009

What's next?

First of all I want to say thanks for reading. The accountability of knowing people were looking at this really gave me the necessary motivation to finish. As I have been thinking through this last year I decided that I wanted to have a task to accomplish so I thought about some areas that I felt like pursuing. Any of you that know me know that I am not exactly what most people would describe as a "patriot." Please hear me say, I don't hate America (aka the United States of America) I just wasn't raised to have a great appreciation the basic elements of our culture. I suppose that most of this was my doing, but I always had far more interest in the cultures of "exotic" locales. As I have grown older I have started to see the value of this Nation, but I feel like I still lack a base understanding of how we got to where we are, and why that matters. So. in 2010 I am going to attempt to discover an America that I can appreciate (while staying true to my beliefs) and hopefully learn to love. I am going to read American classics, listen to American masterworks, study the works of the great American artists, look at the inventions and contributions of some of our noteworthy citizens, and lastly analyze the ideas of our greatest thinkers. I am very excited to conquer this and if you would like to follow along you can view my thoughts at http://iheartamerica.wordpress.com hope to hear from you soon.

p.s. the blog is set up but posting will not begin until January 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment