1.10.2009

One Week Three Books


So I took a week off from the internet, which was harder than you'd think, and pretty eye opening, but I got the two books I was reading done. Spectacular Sins was good, not great. It was a basic look at God's sovereignty especially His sovereignty in the evil and unjust things of the world. Piper took stories from the Old and New Testament and showed how and where God was present, knowledgeable, and in control of the events. I wouldn't say I learned anything profound, but it was definitely a good reminder about something that a lot of people don't really want to think about in the first place. And on a dorky note I think the cover art is very classy and actually pretty hip. You can't tell it in the picture but the oval picture in the middle is spot varnish so the picture is glossy and the rest of the print is matte. Nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment