8.28.2009

Metal Bööks för Metal Möments in Life


I didn't exactly grow up a "metal fan" in the typical sense. I mean don't get me wrong, I can run with some GnR but Mötley Crüe, Winger, Trixter, and Warrant never really did much for me. It probably was for the better, I can't really drop the f-word casually enough to blend seamlessly into the metal sub-genre. But hear me out, I totally get the appeal. Beyond that I'm not even sure how anyone from rural middle America could possibly not love metal, it is everything great and despicable about American popular music, and possibly American culture in general. So if you can handle hearing the f-bomb used as every part of speech in the English language, then this is not such a bad look at Metal, or rural America. If you like to challenge yourself, possibly increase your level of intellect, and come out of a book smarter on the tail end, then this might not be the book for you.

Tommy Lee, please don't hold this against me.

1 comment: