8.01.2009

Soul Cravings

So I am a tiny bit behind pace, but I am going to attempt to remedy that as soon as possible. I have to start by saying that I am a huge fan of Erwin McManus, I love his writing, I love his way of speaking, I love his fashion sense(at least for a man his age). This however was my least favorite of his books. It was good, it just wasn't great. The hard thing for me was that the thing I love about McManus' writing style is the way he develops his ideas and lays out in great detail his thoughts and ideas. Soul Cravings doesn't allow for this. It is a book made of about 65 chapters of 2-5 pages each, they are just snap shots. Great thoughts, but only little glimpses of what could be very huge topics. The surface is only scratched and most of the time I found myself wanting more, I could always use more of what McManus has to say and this time I didn't get it. This did complete my reading of the collected works of Erwin McManus. This is a little disappointing but I can always have hope that there will be more to read in the future.

here are some films that accompany the book

No comments:

Post a Comment